Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And now it is time to leave Prague


Well I think last night was a good way of saying good bye to this amazing city....

So the other day I was wondering around the park and stumbled upon this beer garden that had the Canada vs. Russia hockey game on. So I thought that I would grab a beer and watch some hockey. After realizing that the entire place was going for Russia and I was one of 20 people who were pumped for canada I realized I just needed to find someone to talk to. So I just started chatting it up with a group of people and met a guy Jon who helps host this pub crawl. The guy was cool as hell, anyways, so I went to the pub crawl last night to find that everyone there was from Canada, Seattle, or Denver. So it was kind of fun to kick it with people from back home even though I was so far away from my city (note the people in the picture are from seattle!). But you know after a little too much fun, all of a sudden it is two guys from Victoria, BC and myself at a club and everyone has peaced out. Ahhhh!! So we have no clue where we are, but for whatever reason we are adimate about walking and that we can get back to the museum where I would know how to get home from there. There is no worst feeling when you have been walking for about 30 mins and realize you are looking at the wrong side of the castle which is a couple miles away... but after about an hour and a half of pure fun walking in the rain, I made it home safe and sound!

So now it is time to take myself to the trainstation and hit Vienna. It should be great fun!! I will hit you all when I get there. Oh and by the way this picture is of me lost in Prague... can you feel the fear ;). Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, looks and sounds like you are having a great time and meeting lots of new people. I am kinda of pissed at all of the good beer you get to drink over there. Just remember your bag can only be 50 pounds so pack the light bottles.lol hey I picked up the phone on the last ring figuring it was you with the wierd number. You said you would call back so please do. We are ready for the strange number. Keep us posted, no real big news from home. Just know that we are watching your journey....Your Stepdad....

    ReplyDelete