Friday, May 8, 2009

Mmmmm Prague, drink it down.... it always goes down smooth

Well as you can guess I made it to Prague just fine and dandy :). I met up with Jas and Eva and we have been kickin' it the past couple days. It is really nice and warm here which is a nice change from Berlin where it was like I was in a bigger seattle.

I am kind of mad right now because I forgot my wire to hook my camera up because I have some amazing pictures of Prague!! It is just amazing how old and huge everything is. It is just absolutly crazy. We went on a free tour today which I didn't expect to be much, but it might have been one of the coolest things that we have done!! But you know after about 4 miles of walking the feet start getting a little tired lol. Though on the good side my knee hasn't acted up yet :).

Prague is much different from Germany, more people here speak english (or are more willing to) than in Germany, go figure right. But also, I have learned that English is pretty much the common language, so if either of the people don't understand eachother they resort to english if you are Czech, Asian, Swedish, German or whatever. It is really odd to hear so much English being spoken around me, where in Germany I was walking around and would only hear German. Which in it's self became very nice, it was an odd peaceful feeling to not understand anyone around you, because you didn't try to focus on what others where saying. But let me tell you, I have also realized that American English is the loudest sound, there can be a pub filled with people from all over, and you can here the American at the other end of the bar.

Anyways, I should probibly get back up to Jas and Eva before they get pissed and leave me here (even though the milkshake I had to buy to get free internet is really good and isn't gone yet), but everything is good, and the food is actually very good :).

Oh and on one more quick funny note. For all those that have seen eurotrip, when they go to eastern europe how everything is about 10 years behind, though a little over the top, it is soooo true. I hear music over the pop radio waves from back in the 90's. A little crazy! Or a song by Dido that premired in 2002 or something like that is one of the big hits around here right now ha ha ha. Anyways on that note, time to get my walk on! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment