Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bratislava was quite the place....

ue
One should never go... ha ha ha. Ok maybe a day trip there would be nice to see the old town, and all the little things there. But you could sit and just look around and see the heavy communist influence all through out the city. Very creepy. It didn't help that it was very cool and rainy out the entire time, but being a person from the good ol' northwest a little rain and the cold didn't stop me from adventuring through out the city.

The one quote that kept playing in my head was from EuroTrip, when the group arrives in Bratislava and the guy comes out and says 'good thing you come in summer time, because in winter it can get kind of depressing.'

In the information packet I got said that walking through old town was like being stuck in a fairy tale. I didn't find that to be very true, I found it very easy to think that I was in the mid-evil times and the city had been under seige not too long ago. (and yes the picture to the bottom right... people lived in there). Another really funny thing that I noticed was that it was more expensive for things in Bratislava than they were in Prague, which didn't make too much sense to me.

So after a little while of wondering around, I had enough and retired to the hostel for the evening. There I met some cool people down in the bar of the hostel, Texas (some guy from texas), and Thomas from Canada. Thomas and I pretty much came to the conclusion that this town sucked, and it was time to leave as soon as possible, so him and I met up in the morning after breakfast, and caught the first train to Budapest.

Once in Budapest, we got lunch, shook hands and parted ways. That is kind of how it has been while I have been gone, you meet people and then say good-bye and the chances of ever seeing any of these people again is slim to none. It is just an interesting feeling of making instant friends, and then parting ways just as fast. Kind of sucks if you ask me, but oh well. It is nice because it is really easy to meet others, because if they are in a group of two or less, really we all have the same thing in common. We are by ourselves or with just one other person, we have no clue what is going on, and we all want other people to talk to, so you create friendships almost instantly.

So far after one day in Budapest I have been having a blast, I think I am going to go to one of the baths today for a little bit, then going to the museam of Terror!! Full update on those coming up later ;). Till then, everyone stay classy and keep rockin in the free world!

Bratislava skyline (the nicest one!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you get to see lots of things. How cool is that!? xD
    And even though you have meet a lot of ppl on your journey I believe that some of them you actually will meet again someday - right ;)

    ReplyDelete